It's Only Me from Across the Sea
I was inspired to write stories by reading those written by several authors. One of the first I wrote to was Rick Beck, way back in the 1990s.
My main inspiration has been the young Chicago writer who goes by the name of Comicality. His encouragement and friendship has started me writing about young love, forbidden love.
I am grateful to him, and will be for ever in his debt.
Each of the stories has a history. Each of them has a vision that inspired it. I've created a set of background notes for you to see exactly what was in my mind before I put finger to keyboard.
In addition, as you'll see from the notes, there have been boys in my life who have inspired the stories. Some of these I was at school with. I've put a Rogues Gallery together with those I have pictures of. They're old extracts from school photographs. There's even a poll to vote for your favourite boy.
I dedicate my stories to all those boys who have loved other boys, and who have gloried in that love, whether returned or not.
Chris and Nigel
This story is dedicated to John, the imperfect boy whom I fell for totally and for ever in September 1965 and never told until May 2001, regrettably by letter, not in person [I was, of course, rejected by being ignored]. We were both thirteen when I fell in love with him.
"John, without loving you, I could not have written this tale, nor become the man that I am. The story is of my undying love for you, even though you never knew. You, John, made me feel alive when we were in school, and though you never knew, I hope you somehow felt loved. I am for ever in your debt."
This story is not about me and him. It is about two other boys entirely. But it was nice to dream while writing it
Book 1 - France and Beyond
- Chapter 1 - My Awakening
- Chapter 2 - Dreaming While Awake
- Chapter 3 - Understanding
- Chapter 4 - Understanding and More Understanding
- Chapter 5 - Complications
- Chapter 6 - Why Me?
- Chapter 7 - But Why?
- Chapter 8 - Almost Homeward Bound
- Chapter 9 - Coming Home
- Chapter 10 - Home at Last
- Chapter 11 - Choices
- Chapter 12 - Outed?
- Chapter 13 - "Open the Window"
- Chapter 14 - Difference of Opinion
- Chapter 15 - A Sense of Loss
- Chapter 16 - Breakfast
- Chapter 17 - "Oh Mum!"
- Chapter 18 - Rain
- Chapter 19 - The Taste of Blood
- Chapter 20 - New Friends
Book 2 - Back to School
- Chapter 1 - The Phone
- Chapter 2 - Try?
- Chapter 3 - Too Daft for Words
- Chapter 4 - Teasing (Published 12 March 2000)
- Chapter 5 - Nose for Trouble (Published 12 June 2000)
- Chapter 6 - "It wasn't like that" (Published 17 June 2000)
- Chapter 7 - "Old Fears" (Published 2 July 2000)
- Chapter 8 - Best Men (Published 29 August 2000)
- Chapter 9 - Barnsley (Published 26 November 2000)
- Chapter 10 - The Chips are Down (Published 14 April 2001)
- Chapter 11 - Someone Will Come (Published 22 April 2001)
- Chapter 12 - Clothespegs (Published 29 April 2001)
- Chapter 13 - Tickled to Death (Published 9 November 2001)
- Chapter 14 - A Kiss is a Kiss (Published 17 November 2001)
- Chapter 15 - A Close Shave (Published 2 December 2001)
- Chapter 16 - Curtains (Published 13 March 2002)
- Chapter 17 - Play Night (Published 13 April 2002)
Book 3 - Abusive Behaviour
- Chapter 1 - Body and Blood (Published 12 December 2002)
- Chapter 2 - "I can't" (Published 2 January 2003)
- Chapter 3 - "Into the Future" (Published 24 October 2006)
- Epilogue (Published 24 October 2006)
Or, to put it another way, who's in it!
I'm proud of the comments I've been receiving. So I added this section on 5 March 2000.
My vision of Chris and Nigel
I have, at last, found a picture that is not pornographic and is worthy of my two heroes. My vision of Nigel is in Chris's arms. This is as they first met, if met is the right word, in France.
- Nice Try!, Jake has a shock. A bad one. (Published 7 May 2001)
- Nice Try! - The Prequel, Do read Nice Try! first, or this one will spoil it! It starts before the beginning. But then that's what a prequel is. (Published 15 May 2001)
- Nice Try! - Back, This is the third instalment. Written in a different style. The whole series has been fun to write. There is scope for more, but I think it's finished now. (Published 29 May 2001)
Like all my short stories it's an experiment, and, like all my stories, there are background notes about it.
- Wishing for Love
- Twist of Fate
- Breaking into Love
- The Love of Sailing
- Sun and Sand
- Acting as Friends
- Band Practice
- Hit for Six
- Flight of Fancy
- Holiday in the Sun
- Wotcha Bennett!
- The Walk
- Velvet Touch?
- Do the D-W With Me?
- Face at the Window
- The Misfit
- Ganymede, (Published 22 September 2002)
- Two Burgers, (Published 15 June 2006)
- You Missed a Bit (Posted 2 May 2016)
- Yuu and Natsuki (Posted 20 May 2016)
- The Tale of Croydon Below (Posted 27 May 2016)
- Aufgestellter Mausdreck (Posted 3 June 2016)
- Black Eyed David (Posted 18 October 2016)
- Zen (Posted 21 December 2016)
Sometimes life gets a little tough. Or a sentiment is evoked, or help is needed. We have a small community of friends here, and you are invited: to come as a friend, to watch as a friend, to join in as a friend, to become "permanent", or to flit through our lives. The choice is yours.
Drop by the community and see for yourself. From small beginnings, large friendships and support can blossom.