I am selecting only excellent stories to host here. We are critical of the stories sent to us. By no means all make the grade. They are chosen for totally arbitrary reasons. Some may have particular merit. Some may be literary gems. Some may catch my imagination. Some remind me of me. Some are simply "different". All hosted authors are the copyright owners of their own material. Copyright is not always explicitly mentioned in a posted story, but is always the author's property.
The mark of a good story is not grammar, not syntax, not even spelling. It's the ability of the author to get into your heart.
The authors here have been selected for that merit alone. The ability to reach somewhere special, and to make you live their tale as if it were you. Some make me laugh, other make me weep But all get through my defences.
Write to each of them if you like their work. Please? As a favour to me?
The index of authors
There is no right way of doing this, so I have chosen the following scheme:
- Where the author has a 'forename/surname' combination, they are listed in alphabetical order of surname. So Michael Arram is sorted under A for Arram, not M for Michael
- The surnames MacDonald and McDonald are filed strictly alphabetically, unlike the phone book, where they both appear in the same section; So Machelli comes after MacDonald and before McHooter
- Where the author is a single word name they are listed in alphabetical order of that name. So Failte200 is sorted under F
- Where the author is a a hyphenated name or a name with an apostrophe or a name with a prefix (such as de, van, O' etc), they are listed in alphabetical order of the first part of that name. So D'Artagnon is under D and Cy-kun is under C
- Where the author's name is a compound name that is obviously not forename/surname, they are sorted under the first part of the name. So Angel Love is under A, as is AZ Story Guy