It's Only Me from Across the Sea
Each of these stories is an experiment. Each has a different writing style, or a different viewpoint. Each is self indulgent. They're placed here inthe order they were written, and the last few have dates. I never thought it was important when I wrote the early stories.
Each of the stories has a history. Each of them has a vision that inspired it. I've created a set of background notes for you to see exactly what was in my mind before I put finger to keyboard.
- Wishing for Love, Harry's beautiful hair is cut.
- Twist of Fate, A cross country run. And a sprain.
- Breaking into Love, His voice breaks. The choir career is finished.
- The Love of Sailing, Another long summer beckons teaching sailing on the Thames. An island, almost but not quite isolated from reality.
- Sun and Sand, Same holiday destination, same hotel, same friends.
- Acting as Friends, I have to tell him somehow, before he leaves. I have to.
- Band Practice, A new home. A new band. And a new life.
- Hit for Six, Cricket brings a surprise to Peter Godfrey.
- Flight of Fancy, The Dublin plane brings a surprise.
- Holiday in the Sun, And this holiday will bring just WHAT, exactly?
- Wotcha Bennett!, He keeps using that damn name!
- The Walk, A warm Sunday. Countryside, peace and quiet
- Velvet Touch?, Peter and David are best friends. A holiday. Hot sun, and sea. A major longing. Is there more?
- Do the D-W With Me?, A disaster, then maybe...
- Face at the Window
- Face at the Window (the orginal story, which ends where it ends; this is a complete short story), Holiday Plans, a sudden illness...
- Face at the Window (the second chapter created as part of a story competition), The contest entry to write chapter 2 has delivered this story.
Not by me. By Charlie Smith and The Alienist. (Published 16 October 2001)
- The Misfit, Graham is teased and reviled by his school friends. (Published 17 November 2001)
This story has the unique position of having been rejected by The Nifty Archive. Very few folk achieve that honour!
- Ganymede, A dream on the beach on holiday in Lanzarote turns into something quite different. (Published 22 September 2002)
- Two Burgers, A queue, and a daydream (Published 15 June 2006)
- Nice Try!, Jake has a shock. A bad one. (Published 7 May 2001)
- Nice Try! - The Prequel, Do read Nice Try! first, or this one will spoil it! It starts before the beginning. But then that's what a prequel is. (Published 15 May 2001)
- Nice Try! - Back, This is the third instalment. Written in a different style. The whole series has been fun to write. There is scope for more, but I think it's finished now. (Published 29 May 2001)